martes, 25 de septiembre de 2012

Cain set for Dec 29 Dos Santos rematch


Cain Velasquez has been told by the UFC it is a "sure thing" his rematch against Junior Dos Santos will take place on December 29.

Velasquez is looking for revenge on Dos Santos after losing his heavyweight title to the Brazilian in November last year, but has so far been frustrated in his pursuit.

That looks set to change on December 29, however. Although no official announcement from the organisation has been forthcoming, the American has been assured his second meeting with Dos Santos inside the Octagon will go ahead on that day.

"Not officially, but we're looking to fight that day - December 29 against Junior," Velasquez told Fighters Only.

On the delay in making an announcement, he added: "Maybe they are trying to get the whole card together. I just know I'm trying to get ready for that fight.

"Right now I expect the rematch to happen. If the UFC tell me something else then I'll prepare for something else, but right now they tell me it's a sure thing I'll be fighting Dos Santos on December 29th."

The return of Alistair Overeem throws a potential spanner in the works, with Overeem having been involved in a high profile spat with Dos Santos in recent times. Velasquez insists that he has the first shot at Dos Santos, however, whatever the champion may prefer.

"I think he [Dos Santos] would have wanted to fight him [Overeem] more because of the words - but he has to fight me first," Velasquez said. "So... [that's that]."

0 comentarios: