martes, 5 de junio de 2012

Tiger: I have plenty of time to overhaul Nicklaus


Tiger Woods is adamant that time is still on his side as he bids to overhaul Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 major titles.

Former world No. 1 Woods, 36, currently has 14 majors to his name, the last of which came when he lifted the US Open trophy during 2008.

There has been little in his form recently to suggest Woods is set to add to that total: his last three finishes are T40, missed cut, and T40. However, the American does not feel that his chances of further success are diminishing as the clock ticks on.

"I figure it's going to take a career," he said. "It took Jack 24 years, and this is my 17th year into it. I still feel like I have plenty of time - it's about giving myself the greatest amount of opportunities to win them on the back nine on Sunday. The more chances I give myself, I figure I'm going to clip a few of them."

Meanwhile, Woods feels that the swing tweaks implemented under the guidance of coach Sean Foley are on the brink of bearing fruit.

"We're excited by what we're working on," Woods said. "I hadn't played well in a couple of weeks but we know what it is. It's a matter of getting reps in and getting the trust in the swing."

Woods is in action at the Memorial Tournament in Ohio on the PGA Tour this week.

0 comentarios: